Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 7 of 30 Day Blog challenge

Your dream wedding.

My Grandma once told me "You have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your Prince". I don't think that was completely true for me, but I did kiss a few frogs before my Prince came along. They always say it's when you least expect it, and that was true for Brad and I. I don't want to make this super long so long story short I planned my wedding in about 3 1/2 months, you can read about Brad and mines story in a previous blog, I tried to link it but it wouldn't work. I had to make decisions without second guessing anything purely because I had no time for second guessing. This I think made me less stressed and focused more on the Marriage then the wedding. I never had a huge dream of what my wedding would be like, and quite honestly I think it's because I never believed I would live to be old enough to get married. Not to say I didn't want to as a little girl or fantasize about being the girl in the white dress, I just didn't plan it out in my head. My wedding was beautiful and it was everything I wanted it to be. My Dad asked me when we were doing our Dad daughter dance "Is it everything you dreamed of?" and my response was "Everything and more." It wasn't about the dress, the cake, and the ring. To me it was about making the commitment to spend the rest of my life with Brad. I mean my dress and my ring was amazing! But I truly didn't focus on those things. My dad wanted to send us off to Las Vegas to get married, and I was tempted, but ultimately I wanted my family there to celebrate with us. But Brad and I have plans to renew our vows in Las Vegas for our 10 year anniversary, and let me tell you I have dreams about that one!

I enclosed the songs I danced to with Brad and my Dad.

Tracy Byrd - The Keeper Of The Stars


Gary Allan - Tough Little Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment